Are you a Scrum Master willing to develop yourself?
Do you feel that peer mentoring does not really help?
Have you got the questions that don’t have direct answers in Scrum Guide?
Too often, real experience is far from theory. That is why Scrum.org has developed a course for experienced Scrum Masters, and BrainRain is happy to host it in Ukraine for the first time. The course is ideal for the Scrum Masters with over 1 year of practice and gives access to professional certification that is well-recognized and respected all over the world: https://www.scrum.org/professional-scrum-master-ii-certification.
What You Will Receive
- Scrum.org training materials in English
- Consulting session within 8 weeks after the training (1 hour)
- Voucher for PSM II exam
- 40% costs reduction for PSM III exam
- Comfortable classroom with catering including lunch and coffee breaks.
What You Will Learn
Unlike the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course which focuses on how to use Scrum, the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master, PSM II is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader while diving deep into how they serve the Development Team, Product Owner and organization.
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As a Scrum Master, being able to identify, and effectively apply, which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation or circumstance could prove to be the key to the success of your team.
Throughout the class, your PST will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources and more. There will also be time in class for the Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) to provide coaching on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today or may in the future.
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improves their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
- Effects on the organization of a successful Scrum Master
- Dealing with complexity and servant leadership
- Dealing with team conflict
- Removing impediments
- Facilitation techniques
- The Importance of a "Done" Increment
- The Sprint Goal
- Refresh the purpose of the Scrum Events
- The role of management in Scrum
- Successful product delivery
- Measurement in Scrum
- How to support the Product Owner
- Understanding the challenges of middle management
- Scrum Master as a change agent.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment, and are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment. These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
PMI PDU Credits
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) class. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI's "Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.
Magdalena Firlit is a Scrum and Agile Coach, consultant, trainer, mentor, life and business coach (graduated Coach according to postgraduate university course ICF).She obtained accreditation from Scrum.org and can provide certified trainings Professional Scrum Master, Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials and Professional Scrum Foundations.
Magdalena has had over 17 years of professional experience. Currently, she is focused on Agile transformations of both organisations and teams.
Watch Magdalena’s talks from ScrumDayUA 2018:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4xkrdIHEeg&list=PLYDJblHV9NK0-JOLMmTjulIs0lxRO895z (two Agile leadership workshops)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icw9V8uquqM (panel discussion where Magdalena has taken part)