It’s the third edition of the Business of Education Summit!
The annual summit is a gathering of over a thousand key education stakeholders in Nigeria and beyond to discuss actionable solutions to problems in our education system in order to build a better future for the current and coming generations of African children.
Who are the past participants and speakers?
Over the last 2 years, over 2,000 top school directors, administrators, education entrepreneurs and policy makers have participated in the event and more than 25 renowned thought and business leaders have honoured our invitation to share their perspectives with the delegates. A few of our past speakers and panelists include:
- Prof. Chris Ogbechie – Professor of Strategic Management at Pan Atlantic University
- Prof. Fred Mcbangoluri – Provost, Academic City College, Ghana
- Dr. Jennifer Smith – International Education Consultant
- Dr. Kunbi Wuraola – Country Director, Junior Achievement Nigeria
- Princess Sarah Adebisi Sosan, OFR – Former Deputy Governor, Lagos State
- Mrs. Biola Alabi – Founder, Biola Alabi Media
- Mr. Mark Brooks – Founder, Mark Brooks Education, UK
- The Catalyst, Lanre Olushola – African renowned life coach
- Mr. Darrell McGgraw – Senior Partner, PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- Mr. Raghav Lal – CEO, Lancaster University, Ghana
- Mr. Stewart Cowden – Head of School, Day Waterman College
- Mr. Niyi Yusuf – Country Managing Director, Accenture
- Mr. Alex Goma – Director, Corporate Strategy and External Affairs, PZ Cussons
- Mr. Austin Okere – Founder, Computer Warehouse Group and AUSSO Leadership Academy
- Mr. Mohammed Ahmed – Director of Schools Education and Society, British Council
- And Many More!
What is our focus this year?
It is no secret that Africa has one of the fastest growing populations in the world. In the same vein, more than 60% of the continent’s population is below 25 years old and the continent’s birth rates remain one of the highest in the world. It is said that by 2050, Africa’s current population of one billion would have more than doubled to 2.3 billion. This trend obviously shows an explosive demand for education now and in the future which many governments across Africa cannot meet without the private intervention. Consequently, the need for increase in private investment to build a sustainable education industry that we all can be proud of in Africa, has never been this urgent. At this year’s edition of the Business of Education Summit, we will sufficiently discuss how we can build a sustainable education business in Africa.
Please find below further details:
- Theme: Building a Sustainable Education Business - Opportunities & Key Drivers
- Date: 10 October, 2019.
- Time: 9am
- Venue: Shell Hall, Muson Centre, Onikan, Lagos.
- How and Why forward thinking nations invest in sustainable education
- The role of organised private sector in building a sustainable education industry
- How to build a sustainable school business: A case study of 3 leading African schools
- Sustainable Education - Investment opportunities and access to finance
We are expecting over 1,500 top private school owners, administrators, education entrepreneurs, captains of industry and key education stakeholders in the Nigerian and Ghanaian education sectors, at this event. The event is absolutely free for all the invited participants.
Kindly register here: https://edusko.com/tbesummit
Who are the Organisers?
The Business of Education Summit is an initiative of Edusko Africa. Our mission is to enhance the quality of and access to education in Africa by creating game changing solutions and platforms for education providers, school leaders, policy makers, teachers, parents and students. Our flagship, Edusko.com, is Africa’s largest online platform where loving families find suitable private schools in Nigeria, Ghana and beyond. We are providing unfettered access to our private schools, helping them double their enrollments while at the same time empowering parents with unbiased information to make informed school choices for their wards with ease. Our other game changing platforms include: The Avenue, Family and School Matters, Meet the Emeritus and Edusko Academy.