1. KUBERNETES ECOSYSTEM
On this topic, we will describe what the Kubernetes is. How it works and from which components consist is.
2. DEPLOY KUBERNETES ON GOOGLE CLOUD (GKE)
This is an initial step. We will deploy the Kubernetes cluster manually and will see how it works on GKE example.
3. BLUE-GREEN DEPLOYMENT, ROLLING UPDATE, CANARY DEPLOYMENT
We will try the most popular methods for deployments in Kubernetes.
4. STORAGES, STATEFUL SERVICES.
Working with storages and stateful sets is the most frequent case in working with Kubernetes. We will describe these topics.
5. UPDATE STATEFULSETS APPLICATION. DAEMONSETS.
Hands-on step: we will deploy StatefullSet application.
6. SCALING: SCALING NODES, SCALING PODS (MANUALLY, AUTO-SCALING BY CPU AND CUSTOM METRICS)
We will describe how to scale our applications in a few ways with a practice in our Kubernetes cluster.
7. SECRETS AND CONFIGMAPS
This is step will explain how to manage secrets and ConfigMaps in Kubernetes.
8. INGRESS CONTROLLERS
We will describe when we need Ingress and how to use in our Kubernetes cluster.
9. ADVANCES SCHEDULING
Tips and tricks in Kubernetes: Advanced scheduling and which benefits we will get to work with it.
10. JAVA SPECIFIC CASES
The Java application can be complicated in usage in Docker container and you need some additional knowledge use it right. Let’s talk about it.
11. PRACTICAL CASE WITH JAVA APP IN GKE
Hands-on step: Let’s try to work with Java in our Kubernetes cluster.