Please join us in the “revival” of the Equity Conference on February 23rd, 2018, at the Salt Lake Community College – Taylorsville Campus. Conference topics will focus on culturally responsive practices which include:
- K-12 parent engagement of 1st generation college students,
- effective practices for young men of color,
- early college access, attainment, and achievement for disaggregated groups including English Language Learners and Refugee students,
- safe school environments supportive LGBT+ students, and,
- transition support for students with disabilities
We will be able to provide USBE relicensure hours to licensed K-12 educators and completion forms to other participants.
Registration begins at 7:15, conference begins at 8am. Lunch on your own, there is a food court at SLCC.