May 29, 2019 will be the 2019 Cancer Survivorship Celebration, "Surviving and Thriving!" at the Hershey Lodge, presented by Highmark. We have a day full of activities planned, including inspirational speakers, vendor tables to browse, music, massage therapy, and more.
Breakfast will be provided. Prior registration is required and will open on March 29th. Each survivor is welcome to bring one guest (please indicate this when registering). Check-in and vendor fair begins at 7:30am on the day of the event.
In line with our focus on whole-person wellness, some of the topics and speakers this year will be:
- Dr. Raymond Hohl, MD, PhD, Director of the Penn State Cancer Institute
- Kathleen McKenzie, Vice President of Community Affairs, Highmark
- Stephanie Mnich, CRNP, FNPBC - Health Coaching
- Dan Coma, E-RYT-200, C-IAYT, Yoga Therapist & Instructor
- Nicole Sunderland, MSN, RN, SCRN, CCRN - Essential Oils in Cancer Survivorship
- Dr. Kristina Newport, MD, Palliative Care - Caregiver Support
- Keynote: Dr. Michael Hayes, PhD, Psychiatry - The Aftereffects of Cancer on Relationships -
In addition, Penn State's Center Stage program will feature the following musicians, artists, massage therapists, and more, all free for registered attendees!
- Seasons, harp and dulcimer duo: 7:30-8:30am, Aztec/Nigerian ballroom
- Shelba Purtle, Hang instrument: 7:30-8:30am, Chocolate lobby
- Elizabeth Southam and friends, LMT (Green Wellness Massage): 8am-12pm, free chair massage by sign-up, Chocolate lobby (closet area)
- Meaghan Troup, painter: 8am-12pm, Chocolate lobby
- Cindy Wittenberg, keyboard: 9:50-10:10am, 11-11:30am, 12:10-12:30pm, Chocolate lobby
Here are some videos from past years' events:
- 2018: https://twitter.com/PennStHershey/status/1003380851651039232
- 2017: https://psu.app.box.com/v/CAN-12047-17-VIDEO
- 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28qA730j76g