Long Beach City College and surrounding high school students are invited to a Summit that will provide the opportunity to learn about the steps needed to pursue careers to help improve health in the local and global community. Panelists ranging from physician assistants, veterinarians, and nurse practitioners to those practicing in emerging healthcare roles will be on hand to answer questions and provide important information relevant to pursuing these careers.
We have an incredible group of confirmed panelists and exhibiting organizations for this year’s Summit including:
• UC Davis Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner Programs
• Western University of Health Sciences
• UC Riverside School of Medicine
• UCI School of Medicine
• KGI (Claremont Colleges) Explore Health Professions and related programs
• CSU Long Beach Master of Science in Health Care Administration program
• UCLA School of Medicine
PLUS representatives from the fields of:
• Physician Assistant
• Veterinary Ophthalmology
This is a wonderful opportunity for students to obtain information on health professions careers including what steps can be taken while enrolled in Community College to prepare for these careers.