LADIES!! Come join GGR: Girlz Gone Riding for our annual women's weekend in Big Bear! This is truly my favorite event GGR puts on! Pure fun and epic riding! XC, DH, Enduro, meeting new friends, catching up with old friends, a rad group dinner and much more!
There is a TON of info here, so please read thoroughly! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me anytime: email@example.com or ping me via FB
- This is a LADIES only event. HOWEVER...... Partners are welcomed at the Saturday night group dinner.
- Our HOST BIKE SHOP is Bear Valley Bikes. They are offering 20% off of all accessories!
- This 3 day event is open to Greenie 2 riders and up: http://www.girlzgoneriding.com/ride-ratings.html.
- This is a FREE event to particiapte in for GGR members and all other women's clubs. However lift tickets, the group dinner and park entries are not free. Group dinner must be PRE PAID.
- You are required to reserve a spot for each event and can only be in 1 event at a time, so please don't sign up for 2 events that are going on simultaneously, it causes an admin nightmare for us and takes a spot for those that want to participate!
- We are limiting this event to 100 riders as usual, so if you need to cancel, it's your responsiblity to cancel your ticket, not the organizer, so please write down your login and password for Event Brite. PLEASE make sure to cancel the event so someone else can take your place! Even though this is FREE to participate in, you are still required to cancel to open up a spot for someone else. It also completely throws off our volunteer count when riders don't show up. Please be courteous and either show up or cancel your ticket.
- Downhillers: Full Face helmets, full finger gloves, knee and arm pads are mandatory. No exeptions. If you don't have these items, please either borrow or rent them from Bear Valley Bikes our annual HOST BIKE SHOP.
- If you are participating in the downhill activities at Snow Summit or the XC Greenie 2 guided rides, you will need to purchase a lift ticket. Blue riders and UP will be climbing up and will not need lift tickets for Saturday.
- Discount coupons tickets be available on your respective chapter pages for Snow Summit when it gets closer to the event. Lift tickets for Snow Summit: Full day with lunch: $39.62. Without lunch: $32.64
- Ride Volunteers: If you are a pre approved ride volunteer for GGR, we need you! Please fill out the volunteer spreadsheet for available openings which can be found on the GGR leadership FB page as the pinned post. Radios are required to be worn by all ride volunteers
- Housing: You are responsible for your own housing arrangements, if you need help GGR's own Holly Cass can assist with her real estate company. Please use this link: http://www.everytrailleadstohome.com/SUMMITVACATIONRENTALS?fbclid=IwAR1plqxT5dUuME9N-Q0LLXku2FmJ-ES2keVboNE3aERtsTfumUkfVk3j77k. For questions, please text Holly at: 951-219-1362
Schedule of Events:
Friday: Sky Park at Santa's Village:
GGR can purchase full day tickets at the discounted rate of $21.50. To renew your season pass, you have 30 days to renew from the time your pass expires for the discounted rate of $142. For more information, go to https://skyparksantasvillage.com/.
Friday Evening: Mandatory Ride Volunteer Dinner meeting. This is for the event's ride volunteers only please. A pot luck dinner at the GGR host house. Address will be posted on the GGR leadership FB page when it gets closer.
Saturday: Snow Summit Bike Park Day: https://www.bigbearmountainresort.com/summer/mountain-biking/mountain-biking/downhill-bike-park. Please get your release signed online to save time: https://www.bigbearmountainresort.com/liability-release
8:45am: Meet at the GGR booth: sign in, get your bike plate and purchase lift tickets if you have not pre purchased them already (this is highly suggested). The riders joining the XC Blue and Blue 2 groups will NOT need lift tickets, all others will
9:00am: Morning commencement & Group Photo's
9:30am: Split up into groups & ride! XC, Intro to DH and DH:
Saturday Group Dinner: This year we return to Nottingham's for a pasta buffet! There is a vegetarian option as well!
Dinner is $23 including tax and tip. DINNER MUST BE PRE PAID BY AUGUST 5th. Send all payments to firstname.lastname@example.org via PAY PAL ONLY, no checks. When using Pay Pal, choose friends and family when paying, if you don't, you will have to make a 2nd payment to cover the fees. Any questions on payments, please ping Lauren Rossen via FB or email: email@example.com , she is handling all monies for dinner and will keep track of all payments.
Sunday we have 2 options for guided rides!
1) Fawnskin XC: 10:00am: Meet at the Firestation parking lot in the middle of town.
2) Enduro Day :10:00am: Rim Nordic Bike Park Running Springs: Fee is $10 to ride in the park. Bev will provide a small spread for lunch
ALL: GGR runs strictly on donations. There are no membership fees. We try and keep all events free. Please consider making a donation on the GGR website. Thank you! http://www.girlzgoneriding.com/donate.html
● I am over the age of 18.
● I understand that mountain biking can be dangerous and accidents can result in either injury or death.
●I understand that the trails GGR: Girlz Gone Riding ride may not be verified for safety or ridability.
●I understand that it is my responsibility to determine if my riding skills match the difficulty of the trail we are riding on.
●I understand that the ride scheduler & volunteers accepts no responsibility for my safety on any ride and that I undertake any ride knowing that I and I alone am responsible for my own safety on the ride.
●I understand that I am responsible for my own bike and equipment and will show up to the ride with my bike in good working order.
● I understand that helmets and proper biking shoes are required on all rides. No part of a person’s foot should be exposed. Helmets must be secured onto ones head by the attached strap provided in every helmet