Dr Peter Wothers is returning to the ANU with another lecture, this time about the Periodic Table to celebrate the 150 year anniversary of the Periodic Table.
About the speaker
Peter Wothers is a teaching fellow in the Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge. Aside from lecturing to undergraduate chemistry students, Peter is internationally known for his public lectures. In 2012, Peter presented the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures, a long running lecture series aimed at young people and were initiated in 1825 by Michael Faraday.
Peter has also authored a number of popular textbooks including Organic Chemistry with Clayden, Greeves and Warren, and Chemical Structure and Reactivity with his colleague James Keeler.
Peter is featured as one of the Royal Society of Chemistry's 175 Faces of Chemistry.
Videos of some of Peter's previous open lectures may be downloaded from here: http://sms.cam.ac.uk/collection/1182855
- Friday 6th September 10am - 11.15am (School Lecture)
- Friday 6th September 7pm - 8.15pm (Public Lecture)
- Saturday 7th September 2pm - 3.15pm (Public Lecture)
- Monday 9th September 10am - 11.15am (School Lecture)
- Monday 9th September 1pm - 2.15pm (School Lecture)
- Tuesday 10th September 10am - 11.15am (School Lecture)
- Tuesday 10th September 1pm - 2.15pm (School Lecture)
These lectures are suited to children and adults of all ages and are an amazing introduction to the world of chemistry and science!
Please note: Attendees are advised that due to the nature of lecture there may be small amounts of smoke present in the lecture theatre. There is a very small chance that this may irritate people with respiratory conditions. As a precaution, people with asthma are advised to bring inhalers.
There will also be some loud noises. Attendees with sensory issues or small children may wish to bring earmuffs.