Digilaw invites you to join our online session: Payments through WeChat in terms of GDPR,
with Georg Bauer, who is an Intellectual Property manager at NXP Semiconductors, with MA IT Law&Management, Graz (Austria).
What this will be about:
- Mobile payment concept and definitions in terms of GDPR;
- Near Field Communication technology (NFC) mobile payment smartphone apps, specifically Chinese app ‘WeChat’ in terms of GDPR;
- WeChat's and alike’s a contribution to a cashless society.
A few words from the speaker:
In my company data privacy matters play a key role in our day to day business. Having worked for almost five years at NXP, dealing daily with IP (intellectual property) and IT (internet technologies) related topics in Asia specifically in China, my interest lies in legal questions of emerging technology applications. Through my master thesis, I had the opportunity to analyze a popular Chinese mobile payment solution - WeChat. I analyzed the mobile payment definition and examined the functions of the app as well as its contribution to a cashless society. Furthermore, a general assessment of the GDPR impact on mobile payment apps as well as an analysis of WeChat’s data protection regulations in light of the GDPR was provided.
Whom the session will be helpful for?
- practitioners in the legal and IT field
- legal counsels in a start-up or company
- in-house lawyers, dealing with data privacy
- Product owners and Project managers, dealing with data privacy projects
The session will be in English.
For joining the session or to get the video afterward, please follow the link.
Your participation costs:
- early bird: 16USD (before 1.09.2019)
- regular: 20USD (on and after 1.09.2019)
Start: 18.00 PM EET
(19.00 PM for UA)