Celebrate the Year of the Rat! Enjoy Lantern-Lighting, Lion Dance, Arts & performances; participate in traditional festival activities; taste Chinese snacks and win a variety of prizes.
The 8th Toronto-Qinhuai Lantern Festival, organized by Ontario-Jiangsu Friendship Association will be held on Saturday, February 8th, 2020 at 1500 Birchmount Road, Scarborough, ON, M1P 2G5, to celebrate the Lunar New Year of the Rat. Lantern Festival is a Chinese traditional festival falling on the final day of the 15-day Chinese New Year celebrations. The annual Toronto-Qinhuai Lantern Festival, as one of the signature community culture events in GTA, attracts thousands of visitors each year.
I. Lantern Lighting Ceremony and Lion Dance
1) 6:15 pm-7:15 pm
2) Admission Ticket required (Book your tickets at www.lightup2020.eventbrite.ca)
a) General Admission: $5/ticket/person
b) Family Ticket: $10 per ticket, per family (Maximum 2 Adults and 2 Kids under 12 or 1 Adult and 3 Kids under 12)
3) Souvenir(s) per ticket at the door
II. Traditional Lantern Show & Cultural Activities
1) 7:15 pm – 9:30 pm
2) Free Admission, no ticket required.
3) 25 sets of large handmade Qinhuai lanterns from China, including Lanterns in the forms of Rat, Pig, Golden Fish, Dog, Rooster, Phoenix, Dragon, Lion, Elephant, Crane, etc.
4) Hundreds of handmade medium & small size Qinhuai lanterns
5) Arts and performances, Tai Chi performance, Fortune Spouting Basin, Calligraphy, etc.
6) "Charming Jiangsu" Photography Exhibition - a window to know more about Jiangsu, Ontario's sister province in China
7) Family Fun Games, Riddle solving, Tea Ceremony, Handcraft, Lucky Wheel, Chinese painting, Face painting, Balloon art etc. (Game Tickets are sold on site)
8) Delicious Qinhuai snacks (Food Tickets are sold on site)
9) Hundreds of prizes to win / give away
* Subject To Change Without Notice